Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Gift

It comes over me without warning; I feel fine and then, suddenly, I am engulfed in sorrow and loneliness so great that I do not know how I will be able to bear up under it for another moment. It lasts, sometimes several minutes, sometimes several hours, and then it subsides. And I know, and accept, almost as a gift, that this will be how it is for the rest of my life. Why a gift? Because it is all part of the great joy of loving you and being loved by you. And for the time being, it is what I have left of you, my sweetest girl.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kay,
As time has passed...I am hoping your heart has healed, and that every passing day, brings you comfort.

"If roses grow in Heaven, Lord please pick a bunch for Kay, place them in her daughters arms, and tell her they are from her Mom. Tell her that she loves her and misses her, and when she turns to smile, place a kiss upon her cheek, and hold her for awhile"

Just a very old friend...from long ago.

Anonymous said...

Thank you for this beautiful thought. Please let me know who you are!