Monday, December 10, 2007

Arrangements

Lydia will be buried in Liberty Cemetery on Wednesday, with all those Sappingtons who have gone before her and who joyfully greeted her when she arrived in heaven.

Lydia was surrounded by her brothers, Chuck and Jason, and Charlie and me when she passed. She died peacefully. We were cautioned about the real possibility of very high fever with seizures at the end, but it never came to that. Her breathing just gradually became more and more shallow. In the end, she opened her eyes completely and breathed her last. I was not prepared for the gravity of that moment of transition. I could not comprehend the reality of the life and spirit passing out of the precious body before me: this infant I had nursed, this toddler, this little girl, this beautiful young woman whom I had loved with all my heart every day of her earthly life.

We are all very tired and broken but are being ministered to by our friends and loved ones. I will never forget the sacrificial love that has been shown to us.

2 comments:

Janie said...

Dear Friends, Annette Hall shared this website with me. John and I wanted to send our deepest sympathies and sweet memories of Lydia living across the street from us. We watched her grow from a young girl into a beautiful, blossoming woman with a full life. Some things like this we will never understand this side of Heaven, but we trust and KNOW that God sees the big picture while we see only a glimpse. He cannot make mistakes so we trust Him to wrap us in His love and comfort until we see our loved one again. God's warmest blessings be with you all.
Janie & John Walker, Midlothian, TX

Dane said...

Charlie, Kay, Chuck & Jason -

We are so saddened by Lydia's passing. We know that you are going through a dark valley, but also know that you can take comfort knowing Lydia no longer suffers and is in Heaven with her Lord. God bless you during this time - we are praying for you.

Dane, Susan, Seth & Kyle Hawk