Thursday, November 29, 2007

MRI results

Dr. Ruth was just here. The MRI shows the tumor is growing quickly at the base of her head in the back. How long do we have? 2 months, she says, six weeks? I cannot believe she will last that long; she is slipping away so quickly. Early this morning, she was having mild seizures. She is sleeping quietly now. We will be here at St. Dominic till Monday and are checking on Hospice closer to home. No more chemo.

Though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for Thou art with me.

4 comments:

Beth_Pontotoc said...

You and your family are in our thoughts and prayers. We love you.

Someone shared this thought with me:

Weep, but briefly, for your loved ones as they enter into the Kingdom of God.
For they shall possess a joy and peace that is unattainable on God's earthly realm.
Rather, rejoice in their everlasting and total happiness for their eyes have seen God.

I think you realize this more than I did. God has given you much strength and will continue to give you strength in the days ahead.

Julie said...

My heart aches for all of you.

Please let me know if I can do anything at all for you. If you need me to fly down and run errands, send money...anything I'll do it.

This is horrible. I just can't imagine Lydia as anything but Lydia.

One of my best friends from high school died from brain cancer a few years ago. Like Lydia he had fought and won many times before. We saw him when he came to Duke for treatment and the changes you are seeing are very vivid in my mind.

I really can't believe this is happening. You are in my thoughts and prayers.

Julie said...

I'm Julie Hoover.

Denise Weaver said...

I have prayed fervently for Lydia. It is very hard to humanly understand how we can cope during times like these. It is only through God that we can. You're family is in my prayers.
With love.