Wednesday, November 28, 2007

St. Dominic Hospital

Yesterday afternoon, Lydia began having seizures. After being transferred from the smaller hospital close to home to a larger hospital in Jackson, she is now in CCU, heavily sedated to prevent further seizures. Her doctor told us last night that this is very often what happens at the end. This woman, Dr. Ruth (her first name) we call her, has been with us since the the very beginning of all this and feels like an old friend at this point. "That is not our sweet girl in there anymore," she says looking towards the door to Lydia's room. True, but until Lydia passes from my hands to the Lord's, I will talk to her, touch her, continue to read to her, and tell her I love her. After that...what do I do after that?
She is having an MRI as I write. This will tell us exactly where things stand. We quietly wait and watch.

No comments: